Home Insurance

Cover for Your Home and its Contents – Plus Cover for Holiday Homes, Buy to Let Properties, Building Works, and More.

Get a quote 01132206627

Get the Right Home Insurance 

At NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services we do more than look after your business. We can also help you find the right insurance protection for your home and its contents – including listed, thatched and other unusual properties.

As your time is precious, we want to help you obtain home insurance at an affordable price, without having to spend a vast amount of time searching yourself. That’s why we have called on the expertise of Bluefin – one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers – to help you find the appropriate insurance you need.

You will gain access to a range of insurance cover from a panel of UK leading insurers including Aviva, AXA, and Ageas. The team will also provide you with advice and guidance so you can choose the right insurance for you, at the right price.

Home Insurance for You and Your Family

You no doubt want comfort knowing you and your family are protected should the worst happen. Therefore, the home and contents insurance you can obtain provides cover for loss, damage, and theft.

Cover Available Including*

  • Insurance for traditional family homes

  • Insurance for flats and penthouses

  • Insurance for non-standard properties

  • Insurance for eco homes

  • Insurance for buy to let properties

  • Insurance for holiday homes

  • Insurance for building works

  • Home emergency protection

  • Boiler protection (gas or oil boiler)

  • Insurance for student possessions

  • Insurance for assisted living.

The Power Behind Your Protection

NICEIC and ELECA Insurance Services has the power to help protect your home and contents – and give you peace of mind.

To help find you the personal insurance you need, we team up with Bluefin – one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers – to help you find cover that’s comprehensive, flexible and affordable.

That means giving you access to a range of home and contents insurance, and the support you need to choose the covers that meet your needs – whether you own a traditional house, a flat, or apartment.

Get a quote 01132206627

Why Choose Us?

NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services is part of Jelf, an award winning expert in insurance and risk management.

We currently provide more than 35,000 business insurance policies for over 21,000 customers across the UK, so it’s safe to say we have the experience and expertise to help our business insurance customers obtain the cover they’re after, at the right price.

Filter by:

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

What is Business Insurance?

Business insurance is designed to protect businesses when they suffer losses while carrying out their usual activities, and is particularly important if a business finds itself facing a claim for compensation. Specific business insurance cover features may include employers liability insurance, public liability insurance, and professional indemnity insurance.

What is Public Liability Insurance?

Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business if negligence on your part causes injury to a third party or damage to their property. It covers the cost of compensation, damages, and any legal costs incurred by third parties in making a successful legal claim against you. As an example, if you installed some wiring that later caused a fire which damaged or destroyed a building, and it was later deemed that you were negligent, your contractors public liability insurance would pay the costs and compensation – up to the maximum level of cover (or limit of indemnity) indicated on your policy.

Do I Need Public Liability Insurance?

There’s no legal requirement to have public liability insurance in place, so it’s up to you to decide if you need it – though we’d recommend getting expert advice before deciding not to take it out. It’s fair to say that many businesses that interact with the general public – including tradesmen of most types – will typically take out public liability insurance.

How Much Public Liability Insurance do I Need?

The level of protection you take out depends on the type of risks you face. It’s really an individual decision based on the nature of each business – though it’s worth finding out what level of cover potential clients expect you to have. There may be a minimum requirement of cover required depending on the nature of the job – for example if it’s a commercial contract for a council they may require a higher level of cover compared to a domestic job. We offer public liability cover ranging from £1 million up to £10 million, depending on the insurer.

What is the Difference Between Public Liability and Employers Liability?

They are very different policies. In essence, employers liability protects against death or injury to employees whilst at work, while public liability protects against death or injury and damage to property, affecting everyone apart from employees, and which comes about as a result of your work.

What is Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers liability insurance protects you in the event you are held legally liable for accidental death or injury of your employees at work or in connection with your business. It also covers legal costs incurred by employees in making successful legal claims against you.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance?

There are some exceptions, but if your business has at least one employee then the likelihood is you will need employers liability insurance. That’s because The Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 1998, made employers liability insurance cover of at least £5 million compulsory for any individual or company with employees. The exceptions include: - Limited companies where the owner is the only employee, and owns 50% or more of the issued shares. - Businesses that are not limited companies and only employ close family members

What is an Employee?

An employee is someone who works part-time or full-time under an employment contract.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Temporary Workers?

Yes, the requirement for employers liability insurance extends to businesses using temporary or casual workers that are employed on a short-term contract and ad-hoc basis – whether they are clerical or manual workers.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Sub-contractors?

That depends on whether you use “labour-only” or what’s known as “Bona Fide” sub-contractors. You’ll need employers liability insurance if you use labour-only sub-contractors – but Bona Fide sub-contractors are not treated as employees for insurance purposes.

*As with all insurance, terms and conditions apply. For full details please ask the team when you call.

Related News

#noVANber: Tool Security Tips

22nd November 2018

We’re right behind Peter Booth’s #noVANber campaign and petition, which needs 100,000 signatures to force a government response on the issue of tool…

#noVANber: Put Your Name to the Campaign

21st November 2018

Losing vital tools to thieves is one of the worst nightmares for most tradespeople, and it remains a serious problem. At NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance…

NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services: One Year On

6th September 2018

This week we are celebrating the one year anniversary of the launch of Certsure’s improved NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services.

New Commercial Vehicle Insurance Offering

29th August 2018

You can now access a new commercial vehicle insurance offering, which includes a wider choice of covers from a range of leading providers, as well as…