Business Vehicles Insurance

Vehicle Insurance for Contractors – Keep Your Business on the Road

Get a quote 01132206627

Business Vehicle Insurance

We understand your van or other commercial vehicle is vital to your livelihood ‒ and protecting it with affordable, van insurance is just as important.

You deserve the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have the insurance cover in place to get your business back on the road quickly if an incident involving your vehicle should occur.

Our Insurance Solution for Vans

At NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services, we draw on our years of experience of supporting customers to take the hard work out for you in finding your van insurance.

When you contact us we’ll ask you a few questions about what you’re looking for, so we can tailor the cover to meet your needs.

We Offer the Following*1&2

  • Comprehensive cover.

  • ‘No Claims’ discount protection.

  • Single commercial vehicle cover.

The Power Behind Your Business

NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services provides the power to  protect your vehicle and keep you on the road, so you can continue to look after your customers.

By using a panel of specialist insurers this allows us to offer van insurance cover that’s comprehensive, flexible, and affordable. And, should an accident or incident happen, you can be confident that we’ll help get you back on the road as quickly as possible, with minimum disruption using our claims advocacy service.

Get a quote 01132206627

Why Choose Us?

NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services is a trading name of SME Insurance Services (SMEi), a specialist insurance broker arranging more than 35,000 policies across the UK.

We’re part of a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, and we are able to use this size and strength for the benefits of our customers to negotiate with insurers the best possible cover features and price we can.

What’s more, we’ve the resource to support you during the lifetime of your cover. Whether you need to ask us insurance related queries, make mid-term changes to your cover, check whether your renewal continues to meet your changing needs, we’re happy to help. Importantly, we provide a dedicated claims advocacy service you can rely on if the worst should happen.

Filter by:

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

What is Business Insurance?

Business insurance is designed to protect businesses when they suffer losses while carrying out their usual activities, and is particularly important if a business finds itself facing a claim for compensation. Specific business insurance cover features may include employers liability insurance, public liability insurance, and professional indemnity insurance.

What is Public Liability Insurance?

Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business if negligence on your part causes injury to a third party or damage to their property. It covers the cost of compensation, damages, and any legal costs incurred by third parties in making a successful legal claim against you. As an example, if you installed some wiring that later caused a fire which damaged or destroyed a building, and it was later deemed that you were negligent, your contractors public liability insurance would pay the costs and compensation – up to the maximum level of cover (or limit of indemnity) indicated on your policy.

Do I Need Public Liability Insurance?

There’s no legal requirement to have public liability insurance in place, so it’s up to you to decide if you need it – though we’d recommend getting expert advice before deciding not to take it out. It’s fair to say that many businesses that interact with the general public – including tradesmen of most types – will typically take out public liability insurance.

How Much Public Liability Insurance do I Need?

The level of protection you take out depends on the type of risks you face. It’s really an individual decision based on the nature of each business – though it’s worth finding out what level of cover potential clients expect you to have. There may be a minimum requirement of cover required depending on the nature of the job – for example if it’s a commercial contract for a council they may require a higher level of cover compared to a domestic job. We offer public liability cover ranging from £1 million up to £10 million, depending on the insurer.

What is the Difference Between Public Liability and Employers Liability?

They are very different policies. In essence, employers liability protects against death or injury to employees whilst at work, while public liability protects against death or injury and damage to property, affecting everyone apart from employees, and which comes about as a result of your work.

What is Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers liability insurance protects you in the event you are held legally liable for accidental death or injury of your employees at work or in connection with your business. It also covers legal costs incurred by employees in making successful legal claims against you.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance?

There are some exceptions, but if your business has at least one employee then the likelihood is you will need employers liability insurance. That’s because The Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 1998, made employers liability insurance cover of at least £5 million compulsory for any individual or company with employees. The exceptions include: - Limited companies where the owner is the only employee, and owns 50% or more of the issued shares. - Businesses that are not limited companies and only employ close family members

What is an Employee?

An employee is someone who works part-time or full-time under an employment contract.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Temporary Workers?

Yes, the requirement for employers liability insurance extends to businesses using temporary or casual workers that are employed on a short-term contract and ad-hoc basis – whether they are clerical or manual workers.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Sub-contractors?

That depends on whether you use “labour-only” or what’s known as “Bona Fide” sub-contractors. You’ll need employers liability insurance if you use labour-only sub-contractors – but Bona Fide sub-contractors are not treated as employees for insurance purposes.

*1 Cover may differ dependent upon insurer.

*2 As with most insurance – terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. You can request full details by simply contacting us.


Related News

Make Sure You’re Properly Protected

22nd January 2018

Not all insurance policies are the same – so you may need expert help before you buy.

Certsure Announces New Relationship with SME Insurance Services

11th August 2017

Providing NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services to tradespeople in the UK

A Quick Guide to Insurance

20th July 2017

From Liability Protection to Motor and Property – Find out Which Types of Insurance you Might Need