Motor Insurance

Cover for Your Personal Vehicles, Including Family Cars, Performance, Prestige, and Classic Cars – Plus Cover for Learner Drivers, Gap, and Breakdown.

Get a quote 01132206627

Motor Insurance for Your Vehicle

We don’t just look after your needs as a contractor. At NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services, we want to help you obtain motor insurance, at an affordable price. That’s why we have called on the expertise of Bluefin – one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers – to help you find the appropriate insurance you need.

You will benefit from advice and access to a range of insurance cover from a panel of UK leading insurers including Aviva, LV, and AXA. This should also remove the need for you to search the many direct insurers and price comparison sites for insurance that you need, at the right price.

Motor Insurance Cover for You and Your Family

We appreciate that your insurance requirements are as individual as you are, therefore you can access a wide variety of motor insurance to suit the lifestyles of you and your family – ranging from insurance for experienced drivers, young drivers, through to learner driver cover.

A family fleet insurance solution is also available which provides protection for one vehicle or more – and they’ll all be covered under one, single policy that’s flexible enough to change as the driving profile of your family changes.

Cover Available including*

  • Family car insurance.

  • Family fleet insurance.

  • Learner driver insurance.

  • Young driver insurance.

  • Breakdown protection.

  • Gap insurance.

  • Performance car insurance.

  • Prestige car insurance.

  • Classic car insurance.

  • Motorbike insurance.

  • Horsebox insurance.

The Power Behind Your Protection

NICEIC and ELECA Insurance Services, provided by SME Insurance Services (SMEi) has the power to help you obtain the right insurance for your vehicles.

That means giving you access to a range of motor insurance options from our sister company, Bluefin. They will provide the support you need to choose the insurance that suits your circumstances – whether you have a single family car, a family fleet, a motorcycle, or a high performance car which is typically designed and constructed for speed.

Get a quote 01132206627

Why Choose Us?

NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services is a trading name of SME Insurance Services (SMEi) – part of Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management.

Our sister company, Bluefin – one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers – has more than 1400 staff in over 40 offices across the UK, and gives thousands of customers the advice and guidance they need to select the insurance solutions they need to protect their motor vehicles.

Filter by:

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

What is Business Insurance?

Business insurance is designed to protect businesses when they suffer losses while carrying out their usual activities, and is particularly important if a business finds itself facing a claim for compensation. Specific business insurance cover features may include employers liability insurance, public liability insurance, and professional indemnity insurance.

What is Public Liability Insurance?

Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business if negligence on your part causes injury to a third party or damage to their property. It covers the cost of compensation, damages, and any legal costs incurred by third parties in making a successful legal claim against you. As an example, if you installed some wiring that later caused a fire which damaged or destroyed a building, and it was later deemed that you were negligent, your contractors public liability insurance would pay the costs and compensation – up to the maximum level of cover (or limit of indemnity) indicated on your policy.

Do I Need Public Liability Insurance?

There’s no legal requirement to have public liability insurance in place, so it’s up to you to decide if you need it – though we’d recommend getting expert advice before deciding not to take it out. It’s fair to say that many businesses that interact with the general public – including tradesmen of most types – will typically take out public liability insurance.

How Much Public Liability Insurance do I Need?

The level of protection you take out depends on the type of risks you face. It’s really an individual decision based on the nature of each business – though it’s worth finding out what level of cover potential clients expect you to have. There may be a minimum requirement of cover required depending on the nature of the job – for example if it’s a commercial contract for a council they may require a higher level of cover compared to a domestic job. We offer public liability cover ranging from £1 million up to £10 million, depending on the insurer.

What is the Difference Between Public Liability and Employers Liability?

They are very different policies. In essence, employers liability protects against death or injury to employees whilst at work, while public liability protects against death or injury and damage to property, affecting everyone apart from employees, and which comes about as a result of your work.

What is Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers liability insurance protects you in the event you are held legally liable for accidental death or injury of your employees at work or in connection with your business. It also covers legal costs incurred by employees in making successful legal claims against you.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance?

There are some exceptions, but if your business has at least one employee then the likelihood is you will need employers liability insurance. That’s because The Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 1998, made employers liability insurance cover of at least £5 million compulsory for any individual or company with employees. The exceptions include: - Limited companies where the owner is the only employee, and owns 50% or more of the issued shares. - Businesses that are not limited companies and only employ close family members

What is an Employee?

An employee is someone who works part-time or full-time under an employment contract.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Temporary Workers?

Yes, the requirement for employers liability insurance extends to businesses using temporary or casual workers that are employed on a short-term contract and ad-hoc basis – whether they are clerical or manual workers.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Sub-contractors?

That depends on whether you use “labour-only” or what’s known as “Bona Fide” sub-contractors. You’ll need employers liability insurance if you use labour-only sub-contractors – but Bona Fide sub-contractors are not treated as employees for insurance purposes.

*As with all insurance, terms and conditions apply. For full details please ask the team when you call.

Related News

Make Sure You’re Properly Protected

22nd January 2018

Not all insurance policies are the same – so you may need expert help before you buy.

Certsure Announces New Relationship with SME Insurance Services

11th August 2017

Providing NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services to tradespeople in the UK

A Quick Guide to Insurance

20th July 2017

From Liability Protection to Motor and Property – Find out Which Types of Insurance you Might Need